Cookbook Lady's Spanish Rice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1–2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain rice, rinsed (not cooked)
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- S&P to taste
- Shredded Mexican Blend cheese for garnish
In a large Dutch-oven, over medium heat, saute jalapeno, bell peppers and onion in oil until onion is translucent. Stir in cumin oregano, coriander and garlic powder. Add rinsed rice to the spice and vegetable mixture and saute for two minutes.
Add canned tomatoes, chicken stock, salt and sugar; bring mixture to a simmer. Cover tightly, place Dutch-oven in oven and bake at 350* for 16 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring halfway through cooking time.
Remove from oven and allow rice to stand for five minutes. Toss in chopped cilantro, drained black beans and season to taste. Garnish with plenty of cheese.
Recipe Compliments of cookbooklady.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.