Hello, again History Lovers!
In honor of President’s Day, I am posting a trivia quiz about George Washington that was originally published in The Farmer’s Wife–A Magazine For Farm Women February 1922. The answers can be found at the end of the post.
The Father of Our Country
An enjoyable memory about the great man whose birthday we celebrate this month will be found in the following questions:
- In what state was George Washington born?
- In what year?
- What was the maiden name of his mother?
- What was his father’s profession?
- Did George attend any college?
- What nobleman was his early patron?
- Who sent him on his famous journey through the wilderness?
- What position did he hold under Braddock”?
- Whom did he marry?
- How did he act when first complimented on his military services?
- What year was he made Continental Commander-In-Chief?
- Where did he spend the winter of 1777?
- When was he elected president?
- How long did he hold the presidency?
- Did he leave any children at his death?
- Where did he die?
- Did he hold slaves?
- Did he approve of slavery?
- What became of his slaves after their master’s death?
- By whom was he called “First in war, first in peace, etc?
Flags can be made of heavy paper for this game with the questions written on the back. A suitable prize would be some standard (flag or banner) of the Life of Washington, with a chocolate hatchet for a booby prize.
- Mary Ball
- Lord Fairfax
- Gov. Dinwiddie
- Mrs. Martha Curtis
- Blushed, stammered, and could not speak
- Valley Forge
- For two terms of four years each
- At Mount Vernon
- They were set free
- By the House of Representatives